Wednesday, July 02, 2003

All Quiet on the Baby Front

Today would be a very good day to go into labor. The house is clean, my nails are done and our hospital bag is nearly completely packed. Plus, baby's rocking chair is scheduled to be delivered this afternoon. It would also save me from having to go to my OB-GYN appointment tomorrow morning (the appointment I was certain I wouldn't need).

On the con side, going into labor before late evening would mess things up for our Bradley class, as our doula is also our Bradley teacher. Still, I think the remaining class members would be understanding.

I'm beginning to think that my early predictions of a Fourth of July baby are definitely going to come true. However, yesterday when Maria, our maid, came to clean she took one look at me and pronounced "two more days." That would put me on July 3 - which I can simply think of as one day early!

Thankfully, the weather is still cooperating and while the heat and humidity have been on the rise it has still been comfortable enough for long walks (ineffective long walks, but long walks all the same). My feet are getting a little sore, I think from the excess weight, but in grand scheme of things it is a very small complaint. Baby moves around quite a bit, and spends part of each evening fighting so hard I know she's as ready as we are to have her on the outside. It shouldn't be long now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home